Equestrian Architectural Services


New equestrian stabling or facilities commonly require planning permission which will often include a change of use of the land. Permitted development rights for new stabling within the residential curtilage may be permissible however grazing paddocks will need change of use. Many Local Authorities will need evidence of 1 acre per horse and details of an adequate ‘muck away’ system for new stabling. JEA provides a comprehensive design service to ensure stabling, indoor & outdoor arenas or a sand school manège meet all the necessary planning requirements, including; fencing scheme, surfacing, drainage, groundworks, rainwater run offs and ecology planting. JEA prepares site sections and drawings of the proposed equine building to enable planning authorities to visualise how well the facilities will compliment and fit into the local environment.